Excellence in Advising Awards Program
The Excellence in Advising Awards Program has been initiated to recognize exceptional performance and innovation in advising. A limited number of awards will be made to individuals and teams that are making a significant positive impact on the students and programs they support.
ð Outstanding New Advisor (3 years or less advising)
ð Outstanding Advisor
ð Outstanding Advising Team
ð Outstanding Advising Administrator, Director, Manager, Faculty Advisor or Dean
Areas for added nomination distinction: advising special student populations
Criteria: Awards recognize advising excellence and creativity consistent with the Berkeley vision for advising in that they promote student learning, performance, achievement, progress and success, expand opportunities, support engagement, growth and discovery, wellness and connectedness.
The selection committee, comprised of past award recipients, is interested in nominations that effectively:
ð demonstrate positive impact (e.g., learning, progress, performance, engagement) to individuals or student populations
ð represent an authentically student-centered, learning-centered, caring, and connected approach to advising (e.g., students report feeling seen, heard, and understood as unique individuals)
ð are innovative (e.g., methods, approaches, tools, programs, resources, etc.)
1) Complete form linked below. In the form, nominators will be asked to tell us in about 250 words (1 page) why the individual or team deserves special recognition. Please include available evidence of positive impact and/or describe in detail how this person promotes the Berkeley vision for advising and is especially student-centered or innovative (don’t just tell, show if possible).
2) At least one letter of support (preferably from a student, supervisor or workgroup leader, faculty member, Chair or Dean.) Letters of support should be sent to email@example.com with the nominee's name in the email subject line.
Submissions will only be considered complete if the form and the letter(s) of support are received.
Award recipients will be recognized at a public ceremony in December. A letter from the Advising Council Executive Committee will also be sent to the recipient’s manager/Director/or relevant Dean recommending follow up with a SPOT or achievement award.
Submit a Letter of Support to firstname.lastname@example.org (include nominee's name in the subject line)
- Deadline to submit nominations-- October 31
- Nominations Reviewed-- November 1-30
- Awards Ceremony -- December 12, 2016 Toll Room, Alumni House 4:00-6:00 p.m.