REPORTS ANSWER ESSENTIAL CURRICULUM PLANNING QUESTIONS
Which types of courses have been taught by which types of instructors? The "Teaching Activity by Instructor Type" report shows course enrollments and student credit hours by the type of instructor teaching the course.
Who has taught this course in recent years? The "Instructor List by Course" report provides a list of instructors who have taught or who are associated with a course.
Which courses has a specific instructor taught in recent years? The "Course List by Instructor" report offers a list of courses taught by an instructor with indicators showing if the courses were team-taught and/or cross-listed.
KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR ACCURATELY INTERPRETING THE REPORTS
The primary intent of these dashboards is to provide critical insights to inform curriculum planning, and there are just a few things to keep in mind when interpreting the data to ensure you're portraying the information accurately:
- Since teaching activity does not represent the full effort required to deliver a course and many instructors have responsibilities outside of teaching - such as research, administration, lab management, etc. - it is not recommended to use these metrics to represent instructors' complete workload.
- Since this dashboard presents data by the department listing the course in the course catalog - not the pay department of the instructor - it is not recommended to use these metrics for budget or resource allocation analyses.
LOG IN AND LEARN MORE
- LOG IN: to Cal Answers and check out the new reports atcalanswers.berkeley.edu
- REVIEW: the wiki for report descriptions, explanations of available data, and definitions of report data fields
- ATTEND: office hours to meet one-on-one with an analyst from the Office of Planning & Analysis for answers to your questions about accessing, retrieving, and interpreting data within Cal Answers