What is NewBE?
NewBE is our on-boarding program for advisors new to the UC Berkeley campus.
We've developed this useful blended on-line and in-person learning experience to help you transition to your new home away from home as quickly as possible.
NewBE contains both information, learning modules, and pathways for connecting with other advisors on campus.
- Must Know Resources including contact lists, helpful websites, an acronym guide, advising work cycles, and organizational charts
- Resources for Managers to help them support your transition to the advising community
- The NewBE Engagement Program Start-up, Mee-up, Pair-up, and Step-up which provide opportunities for informal mentoring and connection with others
- Five Core Learning Modules in the following areas: learning-centered transformational advising, shared notes best practice, minimum progress and financail aid basics, resources for supporting our diverse student populations, and an introduction to advising specific ethics.
- Resources for Handling Crisis and Supporting Students in Distress
NewBE is a bcourse site that requires access with your CalNet ID. To get started, contact Susan Hagstrom, Manager of Advising Strategy and Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following engagement map provides an overview of how NewBE resources can be used.