Thursday, May 12, 2022 | 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Join us for this informative session that addresses 1) recent staff and student survey results related to modes of accessing advising services and 2) additional ways that we as staff can co-create cultures of care on campus. In this session, we will explore:
- How can find the “sweet spot” between student and advising staff needs related to modes of advising services?
- What did we learn from the surveys?
- How has campus leadership responded to this information?
- How do student behavior and staff feedback align?
- How can we as colleagues build a work culture that supports our sustainability/retention and our well-being?
- What does community care look like to you?
- What issues related to community care do you think are most important for campus leadership to address?
- If budget was not an issue, what type of community care programming would you like to see implemented?
- Valeria Chávez Ayala (she/her/hers), Academic Counselor,Undocumented Student Program, Advising Fellow, Moderator
- Nicole Rucinski (she/her/hers) Academic Adviser, Engineering Student Services, Advising Fellow, Moderator
- Audrey Alforque Thomas (she/her), Institutional Research Analyst, Division of Undergraduate Education
- Liza Schlosser-Olroyd (she/her), Communications Specialist | Research, Teaching, & Learning (RTL)
- Susan Hagstrom (she/her), Manager, Advising Strategy + Training